Re: Gtk+ win32 fixes, please test

On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 08:37 +0000, Andy Spencer wrote:
> First off, when using the MS-Windows theme, some widgets don't render
> correctly and show up as black boxes. For example, notebooks with tab
> position set to GTK_POS_LEFT don't render.

This is possibly something else, but i'll have a look.

> Second, the GtkGLExt plugin has been broken since 2.18 I believe, the
> OpenGL area doesn't get set correctly because the widget you set it on
> doesn't have a native window (if I remember correctly). I've since given
> up on GtkGLExt and wrote my own x11 and win32 OpenGL interfaces, so I'm
> not sure if it's still an issue or not.

Peter Clifton did some work on this, and with this commit:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk
+/commit/?h=gtk-2-24&id=fd01442c7e95a490607482a91987a3b72608a372

I believe GtkGLExt should nominally work (as in there might be minor
issues with it but it shouldn't be completely broken).

Please test it if you can.