Re: Gtk+ win32 fixes, please test

On 2011-10-20 09:39, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I've not really used Gtk+ on windows for real, so I was mainly working
> from first principles in the code fixing stuff that was obviously
> wrong.  Do you know of any other outstanding win32 bugs that I can
> look at?

Thanks for your work!

In my (very) brief testing, I did not notice any regressions since 2.22.
I've had a couple long standing issues with GTK+ on windows though. I'm
not sure if they're in scope for you, but here they are..

First off, when using the MS-Windows theme, some widgets don't render
correctly and show up as black boxes. For example, notebooks with tab
position set to GTK_POS_LEFT don't render.

   http://andy753421.ath.cx/linked/aweather-gtk-2.24-test.png

Second, the GtkGLExt plugin has been broken since 2.18 I believe, the
OpenGL area doesn't get set correctly because the widget you set it on
doesn't have a native window (if I remember correctly). I've since given
up on GtkGLExt and wrote my own x11 and win32 OpenGL interfaces, so I'm
not sure if it's still an issue or not.