Re: Updated GTK+ 2.24.5 binaries (and bundle)

2011/7/12 Sam Thursfield <ssssam gmail com>:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Dieter Verfaillie
> <dieterv optionexplicit be> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Some time ago I've asked Tor how his Windows build environment
>> looked like and he shared everything to be able to recreate
>> it (thanks again!). The various mails we exchanged and the
>> resulting directory structure and scripts can be found here:
>> [1]
> It's great that you've taken on to do this work, many thanks! I've
> done some work on windows builds myself[1], and in fact there's more
> people interested than it might appear so feel free to bring issues up
> on this list. The more we coordinate our effort the better.
>> The only differences between these and the packages already on
>> are:
>> - the MSVC-compatible import libraries are missing from
>> (lib/gailutil.lib, lib/gdk-win32-2.0.lib
>>  and lib/gtk-win32-2.0.lib), I simply don't own a copy of
>>  Visual Studio 6 so these files have not been generated during
>>  build...
> You can get the Visual C++ toolchain for free from the Windows SDK[2],
> if you're interested in making these. Generating the import libs for
> VC is super easy, you just need the .def file for the DLL (and not
> even the actual DLL).
>> As such, is there any interest in hosting these files on
>> If there is, I'll gladly "do the work"
>> and also provide a patch for
> I'm sure there is, I don't know who is the person to give you access
>> After that, I can go ahead and build an updated PyGTK All-in-one
>> installer (see or
>> and
>> glade3-bundle_3.8.0 (
>> And before someone asks, both are *not*
>> compatible with the binaries provided on (due
>> to intl.dll/libintl-8.dll differences).
> That's a whole new can of worms :) I share the dream that one day it
> would be great to use the mingw cross compiler and an automated build
> service but I think it's important to get native builds working more
> reliably to begin with ..

The windows project on the OpenSUSE Build Service would indeed be a
good starting point for automating the building of binaries.

What issues apart from libintl-8.dll and the missing import libs do
you see when using the mingw cross-compiled binaries from the OBS?
If there are things we can improve, please post to the mailing list:
opensuse-mingw opensuse org