Re: Updated GTK+ 2.24.5 binaries (and bundle)

Hi Dieter

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 9:22 PM, Dieter Verfaillie
<dieterv optionexplicit be> wrote:
> Hi,
> Some time ago I've asked Tor how his Windows build environment
> looked like and he shared everything to be able to recreate
> it (thanks again!). The various mails we exchanged and the
> resulting directory structure and scripts can be found here:
> [1]

It's great that you've taken on to do this work, many thanks! I've
done some work on windows builds myself[1], and in fact there's more
people interested than it might appear so feel free to bring issues up
on this list. The more we coordinate our effort the better.

> The only differences between these and the packages already on
> are:
> - the MSVC-compatible import libraries are missing from
> (lib/gailutil.lib, lib/gdk-win32-2.0.lib
>  and lib/gtk-win32-2.0.lib), I simply don't own a copy of
>  Visual Studio 6 so these files have not been generated during
>  build...

You can get the Visual C++ toolchain for free from the Windows SDK[2],
if you're interested in making these. Generating the import libs for
VC is super easy, you just need the .def file for the DLL (and not
even the actual DLL).

> As such, is there any interest in hosting these files on
> If there is, I'll gladly "do the work"
> and also provide a patch for

I'm sure there is, I don't know who is the person to give you access

> After that, I can go ahead and build an updated PyGTK All-in-one
> installer (see or
> and
> glade3-bundle_3.8.0 (
> And before someone asks, both are *not*
> compatible with the binaries provided on (due
> to intl.dll/libintl-8.dll differences).

That's a whole new can of worms :) I share the dream that one day it
would be great to use the mingw cross compiler and an automated build
service but I think it's important to get native builds working more
reliably to begin with ..

Again, props for being a man of action