Re: [g-a-devel] Coming to grips with the state of a11y in gtk

I've spent some time this weekend starting to explore how moving gail
implementations into gtk 1-by-1 will work in practice. I didn't get
very far (GtkWidget, GtkContainer and GtkImage), but the exercise
proves very useful for spotting all the things that should be
straightened out in the gail implementations.

if you want to take a look. I expect to spend some more time on it
over the coming weeks. From my perspective, the next steps for this

1. move remaining implementations over, keeping a list of things to
clean up later

2. add replacements for libgailutil api to GtkTextBuffer and where
else they belong, as needed

3. move setting up the factories to gtkmain

 - at this point, gail should no longer be needed -

4. start on all the FIXMEs that got added in step 1
  - drop the crazy focus handling contortions
  - drop excessive use of signal handlers
  - don't create an extra  text buffer for each text-containing widget
    in the world
  - etc

5. port GtkAccessible to use AtkGObjectAccessible; clutter uses that,
and it looks a little cleaner

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]