Re: radio-group branch

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 15:59 -0500, Ryan Lortie wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-11-10 at 08:23 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > So, what do you want to do here? How do we land this?
>
> I'm against landing it in its current state because I remember yet
> another reason that I think we want to have names for radio buttons
> within a group: it's the only sane way to deal with binding a radio
> group to GSettings.
>
> That was actually my first motivation.  After that is when I got the
> idea "oh, may as well make it a GAction too then".  I forgot the first
> motivation by the time I mentioned it to you before.

I'm not inherently against naming the buttons. It would be nice if we
got a third argument to the group active-changed signal that lets you
avoid having to compare button instances to see which one is active.
Although in code it might be better to allow any gpointer as "name" for
the button so you could put in random user data.

Anyway, I don't see that the current code needs much work to add this.
Just add a .._set_radio_name() to all radio-button widget types and then
propagate this to the group? Its a small incremental patch to the
current branch.

       alexl redhat com            alexander larsson gmail com
He's an old-fashioned small-town vagrant with a mysterious suitcase handcuffed
to his arm. She's a violent wisecracking barmaid from beyond the grave. They
fight crime!