Re: GtkNotebook scrolling usability

Shaun McCance a écrit :
> On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 17:25 -0600, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Cody Russell <bratsche gnome org>
>> wrote:
>>          He
>>         suggested that maybe there's a use for it in the case that you
>>         have a
>>         ton of notebook tabs open, but I'm not quite convinced.  Just
>>         wanted to
>>         post on the lists and see if people have thoughts on this,
>>         otherwise I'm
>>         probably going to file a patch to either rip the feature out
>>         or at the
>>         very least make it so we can disable it. :)
>>

>> I don't recall where but I'm fairly sure I saw someone using that to
>> flip through open tabs in Epiphany.
>
> You might have been watching me.  I do it all the time.
> But I don't think I ever do it in preference dialogs or
> other places where there's a static set of tabs.
Same for me. I make heavy use of this (wonderful) functionality, with
browser(s), editor(s) (I think about Geany, Gedit and so on),
gnome-terminal, etc. As said, mostly where tabs aren't static (even
tough I probably used it with static tabs as well, but less often).

IMO, it would be a dramatic regression to completely drop this feature.
And I don't think a preference or so worth it, but if it please anyone,
I won't complain either.

Regards,
Colomban

PS: Sorry Shaun for the duplicate, I did something wrong with my e-mail.