Drawing a GdkDrawable to a frame window from gdk_foreign_new ()

Hey everyone,

I'm helping to write a reparenting window manager and we are drawing
some of our decorations using GDK.

A X Window "frame" is provided to the application that draws the frame
window and from this we create a GdkWindow * with
gdk_window_foreign_new (). The colormap is set to the default colormap
for the screen.

The frame window provided to the application is the parent of a client
window for our window manager and it's parent is a "wrapper" window
between which the window manager handles. We draw directly into this
"frame" window.