Re: Building multiple backends on on same system

On Dec 10, 2010, at 2:21 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:
>>

>> GdkSelection is a wrapper around the X11 selection functions. It's not used by Gtk, which has its own higher-level selection object which ties into GtkClipboard and GtkDnd... which is why almost nobody knows about GdkSelection any more. I only know about it only because I implemented GtkSelection for quartz last summer.
>>
>> It probably should  be dropped completely, but if that's too radical, by all means banish it to the X11 backend.
>
> That is not really true.
>
> $ grep -l gdk_selection *.c
> gtkdnd.c
> gtkselection.c
> gtktextbuffer.c

Sorry, you're right. I incorrectly confounded Kris's gtkdnd and my gtkselection implementations for quartz with the main one.

GtkSelection is implemented in terms of GdkSelection -- otherwise I wouldn't have had to redo it for quartz.

Regards,
John Ralls