Re: Building multiple backends on on same system
- From: John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Benjamin Otte <otte gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Building multiple backends on on same system
- Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 15:29:46 -0800
On Dec 10, 2010, at 2:21 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 3:50 PM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:
>> GdkSelection is a wrapper around the X11 selection functions. It's not used by Gtk, which has its own higher-level selection object which ties into GtkClipboard and GtkDnd... which is why almost nobody knows about GdkSelection any more. I only know about it only because I implemented GtkSelection for quartz last summer.
>> It probably should be dropped completely, but if that's too radical, by all means banish it to the X11 backend.
> That is not really true.
> $ grep -l gdk_selection *.c
Sorry, you're right. I incorrectly confounded Kris's gtkdnd and my gtkselection implementations for quartz with the main one.
GtkSelection is implemented in terms of GdkSelection -- otherwise I wouldn't have had to redo it for quartz.
] [Thread Prev