Re: Building multiple backends on on same system
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, Benjamin Otte <otte gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Building multiple backends on on same system
- Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 19:45:47 +0100
On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 11:33 -0500, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> > Also, do you target this for 3.0? Because I don't think it's doable in an
> > API-stable way during 3.x?
> Too late for 3.0. Remember, there will be a 4.0 at some point.
Are you sure it will not be possible to get this into 3.0? Its mainly a
bunch of code motion and cleanup. I don't expect it to be ABI
incompatible even, except for some new types, and the fact that
x-specific code needs to ask for the gtk+-3.0-x11 pkg-config module,
rather than gtk+-3.0 (and without more changes it will break if the
backend in use is not X11, but thats not really a real problem at this
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alexander larsson gmail com
He's a suave native American master criminal on the run. She's a chain-smoking
tempestuous opera singer from a different time and place. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev