Re: Building multiple backends on on same system

While we're talking about getting rid of stuff, I'd like to get rid of
> gdk_utf8_to_string_target
> gdk_string_to_compound_text_for_display
> gdk_utf8_to_compound_text_for_display
> gdk_free_text_list
> gdk_free_compound_text

But I lack enough clue about selections to do that. Is there anyone
with enough clue that could find an API that can do this?
The biggest problem I have with these APIs is that either they should
be used (in which case we need to make sure people actually use them
when they have to by introducing GdkCompoundText etc types) or they
should not be used and the gdk selection code should take care of
them. But the current situation is that even people who worked on the
DND code have no idea what it's for. (I asked in #gtk+ and nobody had
any clue.)

Benjamin