Re: GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS not working under Windows

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 15:06 +0100, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi gmail com> wrote:
> >> Do you mind if I ask why?
> >>
> >> Is it:
> >> No, it's not supported yet.
> >
> > no, it's not supported. and...
> >
> >> No, that's by design.
> >> No, that's not possible under Windows.
> >
> > ... specifically: no, it's not possible in Window.
>
> Are you sure about that?
> Quick trials with PyQt4 under Windows show no problem in
> having regular widgets on top of the OpenGL widget.

this is not a Qt development list, though; so, as hint for the future
don't try to compare functionality. :-)

>  Just to
> avoid any confusion, I'm not talking about having widgets as
> children of the OpenGL widget, but about having widgets as
> siblings of an OpenGL widget, and having the regular widgets
> overlapping the OpenGL one (partially or fully).

that's fairly different, and yes: I thought you were asking exactly
this.

I think GtkGLExt allows placing gtk+ widgets on top of the GL drawing
surface; at least, I'm pretty sure I've seen that happen.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--
W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name