Re: Extended Layout incubator branch.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote:

> This will be because GtkFrame still does a classic size request,
> in this case its getting the minimum height for the minimum width
> of the text and using that as a size request.
>
> Since the underlined label below constrains the window size to something bigger,
> the lines dont wrap up so small and leave an upper/lower border.
>
> The real fix for that would be to implement extended layout on GtkFrame
> as if it were an hbox with 2 children. It needs to:
>  - collectively report h4w/w4h of its children
>  - report the collective desired width/height + frame padding
>  - do a GtkHBox like allocation to get the right height4width of
>    the label and content widget respectively.

I have a patch that replaces size_request in GtkFrame by
get_desired_width/height, and that seems to indeed fix the testgtk
problem.

But now I notice another issue with frames that seems to only show in testframe:
the label of the frame appears on the right instead of the left for an
xalign of 0.0.
The effect is as if the frame interpreted xalign as 1-xalign.
Curiously, testframe is the only example involving frames where I have
seen this so far.