Re: Extended Layout incubator branch.

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:

> So far, I have found two things that don't seem to work quite right:
>
> 1) In testellipsize, when rotating without any ellipsization, the text
> just 'rotates out' of the allocation, whereas in ellipsized modes, the
> allocation is grown to accomodate the rotated label, as far as
> possible.

This is caused by the two get_size_for_allocation calls in
gtk_label_get_desired_size.
Simply commenting out those branches and always doing

*minimum_size = required_rect.width;
*natural_size = natural_rect.width;

fixes the behaviour in testellipsize, and doesn't seem to affect any
of the examples in extendedlayoutexample. Why did you add those
special cases again ?

> 2) The 'flipping' example in testgtk shows trouble with RTL labels.
> The are drawn outside of the button thats supposed to contain them.

This turned out to be a minor problem that has crept in when merging
the pack-start and pack-end loops in gtk_box_size_allocate. I've
committed a fix.

Matthias