Re: Extended Layout incubator branch.

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Matthias Clasen

> The intention was to ensure the minimum size in the backwards
> request mode. A horizontal label likes to be asked its width but
> returns an invented value for the height; so when asked for its
> desired height it returns the desired heights for the minimum width.
>
> It seems the required_rect in this case is rendered with the minimum
> width making the required_rect.height be the correct value anyway.
>
> In this case we should at least do:
>   natural = MAX (minimum, natural);
>
> To make sure the label is responding to the api correctly.

I have committed something that fixes testellipsize and seems to still
do the right thing for backwards request mode. Not sure if it makes
sense, though...

One more behaviour difference I see in testgtk is that the wrapped
labels in the labels example seem to get a bit too much space
allocated and don't fill out their frames entirely. Any ideas about
that ?