Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2010-03-23

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Christian Dywan

> It was concluded that it would be sensible to merge 2-90 with master,
> effectively replacing it, as soon as Matthias decides to branch off
> the stable 2.20. And additionally API enhancements will be cherry-picked
> to the 2.22 branch.

I have now created a gtk-2-20 branch, so that we can start looking at
the upcoming merges.

I have also started to look at the xi2 work of Carlos and got a very
positive first impression. One thing I am a bit worried about is that
we don't want to let our other backends fall further behind. I hear
that Kris has patches implementing the new Device framework for the
Quartz backend, but we need to at least have 0-level dummy
implementation for the directfb and win32 backends.

Carlos, it would be great if you could give us your perspective of
what remains to be done before the branch is ready to be merged.

I also played a bit with Tristans native-layout branch. We've made
some progress towards working width-for-height for labels and boxes,
but there is a lot more to do: Implementing extended layout for all
containers, figuring out size groups, etc.

Matthias