Re: GVariant support for Unix fds (Was Re: GDBus/GVariant plans for next GLib release)
- From: Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi>
- To: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Subject: Re: GVariant support for Unix fds (Was Re: GDBus/GVariant plans for next GLib release)
- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:02:16 +0200
> I'm not sure that it will ever support passing win32
> handles in the same way...
Nah, I assume it won't be necessary. To the extent it is possible to
pass Win32 HANDLES from one process to another, it uses a totally
different mechanism: The HANDLE is "duplicated" already in the source
process and one gets the value it can be used as in the target
process, thus it can be passed as just a normal 32 (or 64) -bit
integer, no magic required.
And most likely, whatever application or library that would want to
pass Unix fds over dbus is totally Unix-specific otherwise too.
] [Thread Prev