Re: GVariant support for Unix fds (Was Re: GDBus/GVariant plans for next GLib release)
- From: Ryan Lortie <desrt desrt ca>
- To: David Zeuthen <david fubar dk>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: GVariant support for Unix fds (Was Re: GDBus/GVariant plans for next GLib release)
- Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:42:19 -0500
On Wed, 2009-11-11 at 09:31 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Should probably define an abstract GDBusHandleSet interface and then
> have a concrete GDBusUnixFdSet class (and possibly a GDBusWin32HandleSet
> too) implement it.
I'm not totally sure that this makes sense. The support that exists in
DBus is *very* specific to unix file descriptors (the type is even
called 'UNIX_FD'). I'm not sure that it will ever support passing win32
handles in the same way...
Maybe we should ask upstream about their intentions?
] [Thread Prev