RE: Why are no developers completing/maintaining native Gtk+ for OS X?

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Shawn Bakhtiar wrote:

> To build the latest framework:
>
> 1) Get the latest using jhbuild and build
> 2) http://github.com/jralls/gtk-osx-framework/tree/master/framework/

App developer here again: Right now I can get a fully functional
GTK+ framework (but one that relies on X11, not native) from
http://r.research.att.com/ .  It's stable, and does what I need,
so that's what I use when packaging my project for OS X.

I'd much prefer to use a native (non-X11) OS X GTK+ framework, but
not if I have to build it myself (sorry, life is too short).
I've tried what I think is the only downloadable native package
(namely, the old Imendio one) but it's not good enough for
production use.

Allin Cottrell