Re: Gtk/CSS update

Hi Cody,

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 1:07 AM, Cody Russell<bratsche gnome org> wrote:
> I might like to help work on this once my current project is finished, or at
> least further along.  I had begun integrating Carlos's StyleContext branch
> with gtkrc parsing, but it really seems like CSS is a better direction to
> take in 3.0 (if 3.0 is even still happening) if we can align better with
> what other toolkits are doing by using it.

Do you think it would be worthwhile integrating CSS in a branch of its
own first? From briefly looking at gtkstyle and gtkrcstyle this seems
possible.

The big roadblock is probably is probably going to be engines support,
but if we went for backwards-compatible CSS first, keeping
gtk[rc]style, we should be able to just offer gtk built-in CSS theming
without breaking engines.

> I have not looked at Qt's usage
> of CSS, and I'm curious to see how similar theirs is to what you have.

It seems like stylesheets for QT or the CSS engine are very much like
stylesheets for HTML, so there is quite some congruence.

Best,
Rob