Cairo based engine api for GTK+ 3.0

Hi All,

During the themeing hackfest, I started work porting the engine API to
cairo. The first step was to convert the default engine to cairo, of
which I've published a branch here:

http://github.com/thos/gtk-cairo-engines/tree/cairo-engines

My main question is, how would I go about making changes in a way that
would be accepted for GTK+ 3.0? I've rebased my current work on latest
GTK+ master and I will continue to work in a branch. Is there any
possibility I could push this branch into git.gnome.org for higher
visibility?

Regards,

Thomas