Re: Gtk/CSS update

I might like to help work on this once my current project is finished, or at least further along.  I had begun integrating Carlos's StyleContext branch with gtkrc parsing, but it really seems like CSS is a better direction to take in 3.0 (if 3.0 is even still happening) if we can align better with what other toolkits are doing by using it.  I have not looked at Qt's usage of CSS, and I'm curious to see how similar theirs is to what you have.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Robert Staudinger <robert staudinger gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Alberto Ruiz<aruiz gnome org> wrote:

[...]

> Carlos it would be nice if you put your stuff upstream so that we can
> all start integrating things together and having a public branch with
> all the pieces.

Maybe this wasn't clear from my email -- as far as I know nobody is
planning or let alone working on integrating gtk and css at this
point. It might not take much (apart from the legwork) to replace
gtkrc with a css backend, but we didn't reach a conclusion on how css
styling and engines could coexist.

That said, i'd be happy to support serious efforts toward bringing css into gtk.

Best,
Rob