Re: GLib plans for the next cycle

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 1:07 AM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> There is also some work by Ryan Lortie on a Glib-compatible Dbus api
> called gbus. It is lower-level than EggDbus, and might be suitable as a
> replacement for libdbus. While I have no clear idea yet how EggDbus and
> gbus will eventually relate, it is worth pointing out that EggDbus' use
> of libdbus is an implementation detail that is not exposed in the api,
> so it would be possible to replace it by something like gbus later on.

I'm not sure this is realistic; it's sort of like saying GDK uses Xlib
as an implementation detail so it could be replaced later on. While
sort-of true, at the same time, a bunch of stuff would break. So you
might want to go in with open eyes on this point.

Havoc