RE: 'Suspect' libglib-2.0 when launching Ardour2.8.4

My apologies for the late reply, I was too excited watching Ardour running so smoothly, that I forgot to report to the list and to all of you that assisted me. Paul helped me yesterday to solve this, so case is closed, I guess. :)

Thanks folks!

> Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:59:08 -0500
> Subject: Re: 'Suspect' libglib-2.0 when launching Ardour2.8.4
> From: paul linuxaudiosystems com
> To: jralls ceridwen us
> CC: muadibas25 hotmail com; gtk-devel-list gnome org; scott asofyet org
>
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 8:43 PM, John Ralls <jralls ceridwen us> wrote:
> > In fact, do just
> >
> > ldd /usr/lib/ardour2/ardour-2.8.4 2> /dev/null | grep glib-2.0
> >
> > to see where ardour is looking for glib.
>
> as a followup, in case the OP doesn't do it ... the problem was that
> he was using Fedora 8, which was already known to use to have a
> miscompiled glib. I reported the bug to Fedora and to their credit
> they got a new release out within 2 days, but this was on F9 (i
> think), so even an updated F8 system was still broken. He ripped out
> the system glib, replaced it with a self-built version that he
> compiled, and things now work OK.
>
> it was still a remarkable screw up on their part - compiling glib for
> x86 as if it was a platform with no atomic operations, and thus
> forcing all "atomic" ops to actually use mutexes, thus totally
> changing their semantics. i question whether glib should even have
> this fallback - it totally changes the semantics of a program if
> g_atomic_int_add() can block, for example ....
>
> anyway, he's working again and the problem is fixed.
>
> --p

Hitta kärleken! Klicka här MSN Dejting