RE: 'Suspect' libglib-2.0 when launching Ardour2.8.4

There is such a way, indeed. I compiled from source the new glib because Ardour was giving me the same error, in hope of resolving it. I guess I made things worse... X is also faster with Glib built from source...

1. Do you know in which Glib version this matter was resolved (so to install that version's RPM package)?
2. Can you point me a HOWTO as to install glib to a private location, but have it affect the whole system, since the performance is way better?

Thanks in advance!
K.

> Subject: Re: 'Suspect' libglib-2.0 when launching Ardour2.8.4
> From: scott asofyet org
> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 06:21:16 -0500
> CC: paul linuxaudiosystems com; gtk-devel-list gnome org
> To: muadibas25 hotmail com
>

> On Dec 13, 2009, at 9:30 PM, G. GuitarLord wrote:
>
> > The "/usr/lib/libglib-2.0.so" is a symbolic link that points to "libglib-2.0.so.0.2200.0". Which, in turn, is installed from the compiled glib2.22.0 directory. SO, the 'nm' command you told me to run checks the file it is supposed to check...I just saw this, don't know if it helps...
> >
> > YUM, however, still thinks that the Glib2 version is 2.14.6... I guess that compiling and installing a new Glib system-wide, does not have any impact, as long as it is done without errors, right?
>
> You pretty much never want to do an install from source to /usr on a system managed by yum or dpkg or the like. You have overwritten data in /usr that is supposed to be managed by the rpm database managed by yum.
>
> In the future, either install the new glib to a private location, or use an upgrade rpm.
>
> There should be a way to ask rpm to restore the version that you have overwritten.
>

> --
> Yvonne: Let's do that one again so i can win.
> Zella: No.

Ladda ner nya Internet Explorer 8! Ladda ner nya Internet Explorer 8!