Re: Webkit-gtk and MacOSX

Am Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:40:04 -0700
schrieb "Brian J. Tarricone" <brian tarricone org>:

> On 08/25/2009 06:04 PM, John Ralls wrote:
> > Thank you both for hashing this out for me. I'll persevere with
> > getting Webkit-Gtk to build with quartz, then. I'm not sure I agree
> > that it's "not that big": WebKit.framework clocks in at 78M.
> Presumably WebKit.framework includes WebCore.  Would it be possible to
> build WebKit-gtk against the system WebCore (instead of bundling your
> own), and just distribute the WebKit-gtk "wrappers"?

WebCore has no public interface. And it evolves so fast, feature wise,
that maintaining a system-webcore version of WebKitGTK+ would be more
than merely plugging it in.

Plus, as mention already, WebKitGTK+ is exposing libSoup to provide
functionality such as HTTP cookies, authentication and proxy server
support. The Mac WebCore doesn't have that because it uses different
code paths for the networking.