Re: Webkit-gtk and MacOSX

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 6:26 AM, John Ralls<jralls ceridwen us> wrote:
> I wonder, though, if that's the best approach for Gtk+ applications using
> Quartz, since Webkit is already well integrated into the system. If I were

Interesting question really.  I can see that it feels like overkill to
have a Quartz Webkit-GTK build next to the system's Webkit.

> to provide a Gtk-Carbon shim library using the approach in
> http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/DisplayWebContent/Tasks/CarbonApps.html
>  will it integrate OK with gdk-quartz and cairo-quartz?

What I am wondering about is how this will work with GTK+ applications
that are using Webkit.  Does Webkit-GTK have any specific APIs?  Does
font rendering look similar?  Does Webkit-GTK handle parts of GTK+
theming that are not possible using the Carbon shim approach you are
suggesting?

regards,

-kris.