Re: GLib plans for the next cycle

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> gvfs needs a session bus, not a system bus, so you're falling back to a
> non-gvfs system. Thus no http support.

OK, I suppose I can get this working on my own system, but my main
point is: why does GTK include a function such as gtk_show_uri
which depends on a big stack of unspecified stuff?  At least this
should be mentioned in the documentation.  As I said before, up
till very recently one has been able to rely on GTK functions
"just working" so long as the compile-time dependencies are
satisfied.

Allin Cottrell