Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-09-23

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 15:07 -0400, Morten Welinder wrote:
> If all you really want is to change the defaults for box packing, then
> why isn't that all you are proposing?  It would be a simple 1-line
> patch to gtk_box_pack_start_defaults, if I understand things right.

If all you do is change the defaults then you risk breaking some
applications silently.  It seems that this would be -vastly- more
difficult for application developers to track down and fix than if they
have the benefit of compile-time warnings or errors, even though there
are relatively few places people are using default box-packing probably.

/ Cody