Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-09-23

They are functions now and their address can be taken; this should be taken into consideration when thinking about whether to make them be macros or functions in the future (and it would seem that they should be retained as functions.)

2008/9/25, Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr>:
On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 09:56 -0400, Allin Cottrell wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
>
> > Why not simply keep gtk_hbox_new and gtk_vbox_new?
> >
> > I can see a number of reasons for doing so:
> >
> > 1) They are used all over the place ...
>
> Yes.  If these functions are _not_ retained, in practical terms it
> means that almost everyone who maintains a GTK app (and wants it
> to build against the maximum range of GTK versions) has to write
> their own such functions, which is surely less efficient.

How about just adding them as convenience macros instead ?

        Xav