Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-09-23
- From: Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu>
- To: Mikael Hallendal <micke imendio com>
- Cc: Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-09-23
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:56:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> Why not simply keep gtk_hbox_new and gtk_vbox_new?
> I can see a number of reasons for doing so:
> 1) They are used all over the place ...
Yes. If these functions are _not_ retained, in practical terms it
means that almost everyone who maintains a GTK app (and wants it
to build against the maximum range of GTK versions) has to write
their own such functions, which is surely less efficient.
] [Thread Prev