Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-09-23
- From: Xavier Bestel <xavier bestel free fr>
- To: Allin Cottrell <cottrell wfu edu>
- Cc: Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Minutes of the GTK+ Team Meeting - 2008-09-23
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 16:04:05 +0200
On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 09:56 -0400, Allin Cottrell wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> > Why not simply keep gtk_hbox_new and gtk_vbox_new?
> > I can see a number of reasons for doing so:
> > 1) They are used all over the place ...
> Yes. If these functions are _not_ retained, in practical terms it
> means that almost everyone who maintains a GTK app (and wants it
> to build against the maximum range of GTK versions) has to write
> their own such functions, which is surely less efficient.
How about just adding them as convenience macros instead ?
] [Thread Prev