Re: ChangeLog format

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:46 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 17:13 -0300, Johan Dahlin wrote:
>> Which I think that I picked up from Matthias, but it appears he's not
>> using
>> that format any longer.
>
> I proposed the new format in March:
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2008-March/msg00023.html
>
> Tim asked me to propose it.  And Matthias said he doesn't mind using it.

It would be very nice if this new format was documented in
README.commits, that way more people will get to know about it.

> Morten called it "a solution looking for a problem" and suggested that
> it would be "another barrier to participation in gtk+ maintenance".
> Which makes me wonder how are we going to trust anyone who can't do a
> middle-click paste of the bug line when committing...

I don't see the problem unless people are way to anal about enforcing
it. I.e. it is not the whole world if someone accidentally checks
something in using a non-complying changelog format.

--
mvh Björn