Re: Lacking of a ref-counted string.
- From: Jamie McCracken <jamie mccrack googlemail com>
- To: Colin Walters <walters verbum org>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com>
- Subject: Re: Lacking of a ref-counted string.
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:10:17 -0400
On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 21:49 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 9:39 PM, Jamie McCracken
> <jamie mccrack googlemail com> wrote:
> > Are you saying Yacc/Bison and lex/flex source files which generate c
> > files are also incompatible with GPL?
> Of course not; it's perfectly valid in general to have code generate
> code. But if your build process doesn't invoke yacc or bison but just
> relies on the shipped generated .c files, that is a problem.
not a problem if the vala source and means to build them using valac and
makefiles are publically available. GPL only affects distribution so if
you also make the original vala source distributable (separately or in
the same package with the same terms) then it should not be an issue
In any case, distros can always use valac to build anything written in
vala (or genie) so im not sure why any of this matters?
] [Thread Prev