Re: Lacking of a ref-counted string.
- From: "Colin Walters" <walters verbum org>
- To: "Havoc Pennington" <hp pobox com>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Lacking of a ref-counted string.
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:18:39 -0400
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com> wrote:
> What about a libvala? I guess vala is supposed to have this property
> that it doesn't create dependencies in distributed tarballs, but that
> design goal has brought us autoconf and libtool in the past... not
> sure I'm sold on it.
Another nail in the no-libvala idea's coffin is that it seems to me
it's a violation of the GPL to distribute code that doesn't build
using the "preferred form of the work for making modifications to it"
(GPL sec 3). In other words, generated .c files are no different from
.jars and the like, and free OS vendors should not allow software
which includes them.
 IANAL etc.
] [Thread Prev