Re: Lacking of a ref-counted string.
- From: Jamie McCracken <jamie mccrack googlemail com>
- To: Colin Walters <walters verbum org>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com>
- Subject: Re: Lacking of a ref-counted string.
- Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:39:43 -0400
On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 21:18 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Havoc Pennington <hp pobox com> wrote:
> > What about a libvala? I guess vala is supposed to have this property
> > that it doesn't create dependencies in distributed tarballs, but that
> > design goal has brought us autoconf and libtool in the past... not
> > sure I'm sold on it.
> Another nail in the no-libvala idea's coffin is that it seems to me
> it's a violation of the GPL to distribute code that doesn't build
> using the "preferred form of the work for making modifications to it"
> (GPL sec 3). In other words, generated .c files are no different from
> .jars and the like, and free OS vendors should not allow software
> which includes them.
>  IANAL etc.
Thats obviously not the case
Are you saying Yacc/Bison and lex/flex source files which generate c
files are also incompatible with GPL?
if so a whole load of software is in violation (including gcc)
] [Thread Prev