Re: Theory of good signal/event API design?
- From: Andy Wingo <wingo pobox com>
- To: Sander Marechal <s marechal jejik com>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Theory of good signal/event API design?
- Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 17:02:18 +0200
On Mon 17 Sep 2007 07:28, Sander Marechal <s marechal jejik com> writes:
> Let me give an example how my app works inside. I have a music player
> written in GStreamer. It needs a song to play so it sends out a
> MESSAGE_REQUEST_SONG on it's bus.
You probably won't get terribly useful answers here, GStreamer's bus is
not present in other GObject-based libraries like GTK+. Even if it were,
this is probably more appropriate to gtk-app-devel.
Consider writing to gstreamer-devel. Note that with gstreamer's
dynamically loaded elements, signals are the de facto interface for
application->module interaction; of course if your modules are written
in e.g. python you have other options.
] [Thread Prev