Re: Logo (was Re: GTK+ Website Review)

Am Montag, den 08.10.2007, 11:36 +0200 schrieb Kristian Rietveld:
> On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 04:22:09PM +0100, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
> > Have anyone seen this[0] one? I think it's a great improvement over the
> > original one. And as Xan said, we avoid the
> > aqua-and-rounded-corners-mac-and-web20-like look and feel :)
> >
> > [0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:GTK.svg
>
> I think this one is worse than the current GTK+ logo; it looks all watery to
> me and the colors are very pale.  Things I like about the current logo
> are the box concept (that has some kind of message like Matthias said earlier
> in this thread) and the sketchy look.  The colors might be too intensive, but
> maybe they just need to be tango-ized and get some fading/shadow.
>
> I am certainly not against having a new, more modern, logo, but I couldn't
> find any I like in the logos posted in this thread so far ...

Vectorized the old logo and tried to apply Tango colors and gradients to
it. Not satisfied with the result - seems I've lost any art-foo I
probably never had. For what's worth I am attaching the result
nevertheless. Guess we should get one of the real Tango wizards to work
on the logo.

Ciao,
Mathias
--
Mathias Hasselmann <mathias hasselmann gmx de>
http://taschenorakel.de/