Re: Logo (was Re: GTK+ Website Review)

On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 04:22:09PM +0100, Alberto Ruiz wrote:
> Have anyone seen this[0] one? I think it's a great improvement over the
> original one. And as Xan said, we avoid the
> aqua-and-rounded-corners-mac-and-web20-like look and feel :)
>
> [0] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:GTK.svg

I think this one is worse than the current GTK+ logo; it looks all watery to
me and the colors are very pale.  Things I like about the current logo
are the box concept (that has some kind of message like Matthias said earlier
in this thread) and the sketchy look.  The colors might be too intensive, but
maybe they just need to be tango-ized and get some fading/shadow.

I am certainly not against having a new, more modern, logo, but I couldn't
find any I like in the logos posted in this thread so far ...

thanks,

-kris.