Re: Sudden Tango changes in trunk

Kristian Rietveld wrote:
On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 12:49:44PM +0200, Jakub Steiner wrote:
To be honest I don't want to bother with all this work to provide an
'alternative' icon theme. The unique gnome 2.0 style make gtk apps on
platforms such as MS Windows or Mac OS X totally out of place. I'm quite
sad to see you hold on to that.

Or is using a stock item for a
different action as intended seen as a misuse of the API?  I am sure
Gossip is not the only application doing this.
Hi Kris!
We're keeping the metaphors just as they are for this reason.
I'm also thinking of doing a Mighty Crusade against the applications that misuse the icons, but that is a later question. :)
- Andreas