Re: GtkTreeView and fixed_height mode

On 2/13/07, Kristian Rietveld <kris gtk org> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 10:06:13AM -0500, Morten Welinder wrote:
> You would measure cells only as they become visible and adjust the width
> of the columns as needed.

That would probably mean that the columns will be busy resizing as you
are scrolling.  I am not sure if that is really nice ...

If it happened all the time it would clearly be annoying.

For GROW_ONLY tt really comes down to answering the question

   How likely is it that the next screenfull of data contains wider data
   than we have seen so far?

That depends on the data and how much we have seen before, but if
we initially did a fair-sized sample -- last I looked we were doing 1000
rows -- then the probability is low and hence it is not annoying.

Morten