Re: Adding foreign_new_xdisplay for Gdk X11
- From: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- To: Ricardo Cruz <rpmcruz clix pt>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, michael meeks novell com
- Subject: Re: Adding foreign_new_xdisplay for Gdk X11
- Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 08:59:26 -0600
El mar, 06-02-2007 a las 16:43 +0000, Ricardo Cruz escribi�> I am writting a Qt style that uses GTK+ to render its stuff; the inverse of
> gtk-qt-engine , and so I need to re-use the Qt Display connection.
Nice! This would even help for gradually porting ancient non-GTK+
software to the new world order.
> it be possible to add a function with the following signature to Gdk X11?
> GdkDisplay *gdk_x11_foreign_new_xdisplay (Display *)
> I have made this patch for mine 2.8.18:
Your gdk_x11_foreign_new_xdisplay() doesn't emit "display-opened" on the
GdkDisplayManager. The display *was* already open, but shouldn't the
display manager get to know about this?
GdkDisplay keeps some interesting state (last-clicked-window, button
click times, etc.). If GTK+ doesn't really own the display, could these
fields get out of sync with reality? Does it matter?
] [Thread Prev