Re: directx gdk backend?
- From: Sven Neumann <sven gimp org>
- To: Michael Lawrence <lawremi iastate edu>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: directx gdk backend?
- Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:19:39 +0100
On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 06:35 -0600, Michael Lawrence wrote:
> Since MS is putting all of its efforts into DirectX now, would it make
> sense to move to that for drawing?
Does it even make sense to still look at GDK drawing performance when
most (or at least more and more) drawing is done via Cairo nowadays? It
occurs to me that it would make more sense to put that effort into
optimizing Cairo on the target platform.
But first of all one should do some benchmarking and profiling to find
out what operations are actually slowing down real-world applications.
] [Thread Prev