Re: directx gdk backend?

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 15:15 +0200, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>  > Is it a lot of work? Since MS is putting all of its efforts into
>  > DirectX now, would it make sense to move to that for drawing?
>
> Maybe. Are you volunteering?

Prior to DirectX 10 (that is, everything before Vista) all DirectX calls
are happening over COM interfaces and are relatively slow.  Unless you
batch everything together, you'd most likely end up slowing things down
on Windows 2000/XP for most users.

I'm very interested in exploring the possibilities of using a GPU for
accelerating GTK, but I think this is the wrong way to do it.  If you're
going to make the effort to do it at all, it should be done on a larger
scale than just the Win32 backend.