Re: Ok to redirect http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/ to GNOME Library?

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 16:31 -0400, Olav Vitters wrote:
> GTK+ is the main user of the developer API reference with links from:
>   http://www.gtk.org/api/
>
> I want to redirect:
>   http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/
> to:
>   http://library.gnome.org/developer/
>
> See for instance the GTK+ API reference on:
>   http://library.gnome.org/developers/gtk/2.11/

Looks very nice.  Minor comments:

  - In http://library.gnome.org/developers/pango/ I see the following
available versions:

  * 1.10
      * 1.12
      * 1.14
      * 1.16
      * 1.17

It makes sense to clearly mark 1.17 as devel/unstable.

  - Like others have said already, a
http://library.gnome.org/developers/pango/latest alias that links to the
latest stable release may make sense.

  - Why not list the minor version of each of those available versions?

  - The page http://library.gnome.org/developers/ links to a specific
version, not the listing.  How is one supposed to get to the listing?

  - This one may need changes in gtk-doc, but would be very useful if we
could have something like
http://library.gnome.org/developers/pango/symbols/pango_layout_set_text
and have it work.  In fact, what would be more useful would be to make
http://library.gnome.org/pango_layout_set_text redirect to where it
should.  That's how php.net works and it has been extremely useful.  If
I want to read docs for the function phpinfo(), I go to
http://php.net/phpinfo

> Note: GNOME Library currently finds new tarballs every night. At one
> point this will start after install-module runs (low priority right
> now).
>
> If nobody objects within a week I'll make this change.

Cheers,

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/