Re: new stock icons

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 15:14 -0400, Morten Welinder wrote:
> On 4/2/07, Jakub Steiner <jimmac gmail com> wrote:
> > Hi gtk+ developers.
> > I propose a replacement of the current gtk stock icons with newly
> > created artwork[1].
>
> True or False: if you do so, applications that use the occasional own
> icon will en up looking wrong with the new icons.  (And if we fix the
> icons, then the updated look with be wrong with old gtk.)

That's a valid concern, and I'd say it's probably the only valid concern
since choosing this icon set or another is mostly a matter of taste.

Fact is that every design gets polished from time to time, and when a
framework changes its look and feel in any way, there are always
applications which adopt to that change faster and others which adopt
slower. That's hardly an argument for not doing the change.

The icon sets to change from time to time is simply something that's
unavoidable, or do you want to live with these icons forever? There
is no right time to do it except when somebody volunteers to do all
the work.

So by all means please let's just okay this change now. Now is
as good as any time and we have a volunteer :)

ciao,
--mitch

(saying that even though i like the old wilber icon better than the
 new one... sorry jimmac i couldn't resist ;-)