Re: [gtk-devel-list] Design decisions for GLib and GTK+ on Win32

C.J. Adams-Collier writes:
 > Feel free to vote for or against deprecating gtk+ support for win95,
 > win98 and winME here:

We are talking about HEAD, which is known not to work on win9x anyway,
so "deprecating support" is an exaggeration.

But what I propose is that the remains of win9x-specific code should
be taken out (from HEAD), and that win2k-and-newer-only APIs can
freely be used from now on.

If somebody eventually creeps out of the woodwork and volunteers to
make it work on win9x, I would strongly suggest they used a MSLU-based
approach instead of (re)introducing win9x code and runtime optionality
of win2k-only APIs. (MSLU = Microsoft Layer for Unicode, see MSDN.)

--tml