Re: Usage of GTK+ headers

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:55:32 -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
> Evolution switched from using the main headers to using specific headers a
> few years ago to speed up the compile time (substantially). I think some
> other apps do this as well.

These days the opposite will be true - you can precompile the GTK+ headers
all in one go and include them as a binary header. I've tried this and it
works well.

One caveat is that you can only include one binary header. But, you can
make a custom header file that simply includes gtk.h, and any other
headers a particular part of your program needs and precompile that.

The savings can be significant (on the order of 30-40% speedup in my own
tests).

thanks -mike