Re: NetworkManager segfault (invalid glib callbacks)

Havoc Pennington wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 17:23 +0100, Pierre Ossman wrote:
>

>>You wouldn't happen to have any clue to where dbus does wrong? Perhaps a
>>patch can be done for 0.23.4.
>>

>Yes, you would have to backport the changes to the main loop glue from
>newer dbus. I rewrote the GSource stuff. I couldn't figure out a small
>change to get the old setup to work right.
>
>I'm not _100%_ sure that 0.23.4 doesn't already have the new stuff, but
>I'm guessing it doesn't. If you mail the dbus list Joe Shaw can tell you
>probably.

Glansing through the changes in CVS I can see that they haven't been
backported.

I think I've found the cause for the crash though. When the source is
added it is added to a specific context. But when it is removed a
context cannot be specified (it always removes it from the default
context). Seems a bit brain dead to me but I suppose there is a reason
for it.

I patched the removal routine to call other glib functions which do
accept context (recreating g_source_remove() more or less). Things seem
to be working now.

I'll see if this hack is enough to keep it running or if I have to
backport your changes. Otherwise I'll just wait for FC4 and let you guys
sort it out ;)

Rgds
Pierre