Re: NetworkManager segfault (invalid glib callbacks)

Havoc Pennington wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 16:56 +0100, Pierre Ossman wrote:
>

>>The problem here is that a 'source' that has been removed is somehow
>>still dispatched. When it is called here the related structures are
>>already freed and overwritten by other data. The callback address in the
>>object (a DBusTimeout structure) happens to get overwritten with 0x10
>>causes the segfault above.
>>

>I think it's a dbus bug; if you try a newer dbus it's probably fixed.
>
>Havoc

The problem is that the newer dbus has changed it's api. I'd rather not
go through the pain of sorting out which applications need updating
right now.

You wouldn't happen to have any clue to where dbus does wrong? Perhaps a
patch can be done for 0.23.4.

Rgds
Pierre